Director of Music Ministries
St Thomas More Parish, Dartmouth
Closing date for applications: This posting will remain open until we are successful in filling this position.
St. Thomas More Parish in Dartmouth is seeking a part-time Director of Music Ministries.For more information, please see the job listing on the archdiocesan website.
Church of St Margaret of Scotland
Closing date for applications: November 1, 2018
The Music Director’s core duties will be to
- accompany hymns and service music on the organ and/or piano on Sunday mornings and at occasional special services, and to play preludes and postludes;
- direct, and develop our small but enthusiastic choir.
The successful candidate will
- develop the choir, leading weekly practices, and teaching vocal production, musical expression (tuning, dynamics, diction etc.), gradually introducing part-singing and music reading, and preparing anthems at least monthly;
- collaborate with the Rector in choosing hymns and other service music. The hymns should reflect the readings of the day and their place in the liturgy, and both respect and develop the congregation’s repertoire;
- be comfortable working in a broad range of musical genres, from classical to contemporary.
Familiarity with Anglican liturgy and hymnody would be a distinct asset.
It is understood that the Music Director will need to spend adequate time planning the music program and rehearsing. The organ is a two manual electronic Rogers C-505. The piano is a recent model Yamaha upright. Remuneration is negotiable, taking into consideration the RCCO scale.
Candidates are asked to submit a covering letter and a CV.
For further information or to apply, please contact The Rev. Canon Charles Bull, at email@example.com or 902-455-2451.